This has been a tough week for everybody as we all try to navigate a way through distance teaching/home schooling 'take two'.
The staff is working around the clock in its efforts to bring meaningful lessons to the children in a balanced way. I commend their professionalism and unlimited generosity. They were greatly heartened by the wonderful uptake of book collection and the many kind and encouraging words you sent their way. We are grateful for the positivity proffered in such difficult times.
Lessons on Monday to Thursday will be of the prerecorded video variety to allow families choose a time that fits their lifestyle. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with the class teacher if you have any difficulties or concerns. We are here to help.
Each Friday the teacher will invite her class to join a Zoom meeting. The purpose of this meeting is to give the children an opportunity to both see and hear from their classmates. It will run for 15 or 20 minutes.
Zoom meetings are a challenging concept for young children. We are asking for your help in running it smoothly.
- Please ensure that you enter a name on the Zoom profile as the teacher can only give access to a recognised person. Zoom instructions to change name: Click join a meeting instead of sign in. Change name to child's name.
- The background should be suitable, free from traffic, both human and pets as children are easily distracted.
- Participants should be dressed appropriately.
- The children's microphones should be on mute except when your child is invited to speak.
- A responsible adult should be in the room during the Zoom call to assist and support the young children.
- I have no doubt patience will be required as we all get to grips with communicating in this new way.
Finally, I would like to extend my thanks to you for your continued support, always evident in the children, and now coming directly from your homes, and to the staff for their constant and unfailing efforts to reach out to the children.
14th January 2021