There are many ways we can save water at home and school. Here are a few tips to help you to help us:
- turn off the taps when washing your teeth - you can save six litres of water
- take a shower not a bath - but don't use power showers as a 10-minute shower uses as much water as three baths!
- fill the kettle with just enough water for your needs - you can save energy as well!
- use waste water from dish washing to water your plants
- never use a hose pipe in your garden
- always fix leaking taps
- use your dish washer and washing machine only when they are full - thus saving energy as well!
And don't forget to.....
- turn off appliances when not in use
- turn down the heat
- reduce, reuse and recycle
Keep an eye on the school website to keep up-to-date with all our work.
Green School Committee