Letter from Principal to parents on 28/08/2020
- The lighting in the entire school was replaced under the Emergency Works Scheme.
- All classrooms are now fitted with hygienic Marmoleum flooring.
- The school is proud to be opening a class for children with ASD. This room has been fully kitted out.
- One courtyard has been fitted with a soft play surface as a safe play space for children with sensory needs.
- Playgrounds have markings with buffer lines, family spots and directional arrows to assist with drop off and collection.
- The exterior of the school has been painted.
- Extensive planting has been done around the perimeter of the new building.
- Classrooms have been decluttered of excess furniture and unwashable toys and materials.
- Hand sanitisers have been fitted in each classroom. The children will use these on entry and reentry to the classroom throughout the day.
- Each classroom has been arranged to accommodate 4 or 5 pods. A pod is a group of children (max 6) who will sit together. Each class will be part of a bubble of 2 or 3 classes. There will be minimum movement of pupils or staff between one bubble and another at all times to include yard times.
- Each child will be provided with a box to store books, worksheets, stationary and personal belongings. The contents of this box will be kept in school.
- Children who have travelled from countries not on the Green List should not attend school during the 14-day self-isolation period.
- While all children will be welcome back to school, we wish to remind parents that, where children are displaying cold, cough or flu like symptoms , they should not be sent to school. Children who display such symptoms in school will be brought to the isolation area and parents will be asked to collect them from school.
- Teachers will help children acquire good hygiene habits regarding hand washing and etiquette related to sneezing and coughing. We would be grateful if you could emphasise safe behaviour in this regard to your children at home as part of the preparation for returning to school.
- We regret that no adults apart from staff members will be permitted to enter the school building.We respect that there may be valid reasons for meeting your child's teacher but kindly request that all visits to the school are by appointment only. This can be arranged by phoning the office at 014508449 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org