Saving Water (2013)
There are many ways we can save water at home and school. Here are a few tips to help you to help us:
- turn off the taps when washing your teeth - you can save six litres of water
- take a shower not a bath - but don't use power showers as a 10-minute shower uses as much water as three baths!
- fill the kettle with just enough water for your needs - you can save energy as well!
- use waste water from dish washing to water your plants
- never use a hose pipe in your garden
- always fix leaking taps
- use your dish washer and washing machine only when they are full - thus saving energy as well!
And don't forget to.....
- turn off appliances when not in use
- turn down the heat
- reduce, reuse and recycle
- we will recycle your old phones, batteries and used stamps at school
If you have any suggestions that could help us please post them in our suggestion box in the school hall.
Keep an eye on the school website to keep up-to-date with all our work.
Green School Committee